The Kathleen Valley Lithium project is located ~ 680 km to the NE of Perth in Western Australia and directly north of Leinster.
orelogy were involved with the project from its inception and completed the initial scoping study, an open pit PFS, an optioneering study identifying various open pit and underground combinations and a final PFS for a combined open pit and underground project to deliver 2.0 Mt of ore over a 35 year mine life.
This work provided the foundation for moving into the recently completed DFS for the project.
- Developing Australia’s first underground lithium ore reserve and mine.
- Managing a very challenging mining schedule based on 4 different underground mining methods.
- Determining the most appropriate mining sequence and development plan.
- Managing multiple elements of the study.
- Pre-Feasibility study development and completion.
- Project management of multi-disciplinary team including:
– Open pit and underground mining teams
- Development of a detailed open pit and underground Mining Study including:
– Pit and underground stope optimisation
– Open pit and underground mine design
– Combined open pit and underground schedule development (including backfill)
– Underground services including ventilation, communications, power etc.
– Open pit and multiple underground mining method costings
Owner/shareholder: maximise project value and provide the foundation for the DFS and subsequent decision to develop the project.
Mining Engineer: Provide practical mine plans that can be further developed during the implementation program.
Process engineers/metallurgists: Develop a consistent material feed over the life of the project whilst transitioning between open pit and underground develop schedules.