Wassa Gold Mine

Wassa Gold Mine

Golden Star Resources commissioned orelogy to undertake a life of mine design and schedule update for Wassa Gold Mine, including the Reserve and PEA areas.

The Wassa Gold Mine is located in rural Ghana near the village of Akyempim in the Wassa East District, which is situated in Ghana’s Western Region, located 80km north of Cape Coast and 150km west of the Capital Accra.

Golden Star Resources owns a 90% interest in and manages Golden Star Wassa Limited, with the Government of Ghana owning the remaining 10%. The Wassa Gold Mine is the primary asset of Golden Star Resources Limited.

orelogy will undertake the following scope of work:

– Data review & study management
– Block model & geology checks
– Data review – Geotechnical and Hydrogeology
– Underground Mine design – Reserve, including infrastructure
– Strategic planning and design – PEA (Southern Extension Zone)
– Underground scheduling model creation
– LOM production schedule with costs
– Reporting (LOM – Reserve and Southern Extension Zone)
– Documentation of standards & processes

Further information on the WASSA Gold Mine can be found on the Golden Star Resources website above.

Website:  https://www.gsr.com/en/